Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Step Two of our Scottish Decor

We have moved on from just the simple sword on the wall with the quote.  I posted that earlier.  I found some plaid swags that I liked.  Yeah, yeah, I know I was going to try to find our clan's tartan.  Okay, two problems with our tartan:


   *Nobody knows for sure what the Morrison tartan used to actually look like.  It appears that it is a green tartan but somewhere back in the 1800's or something, someone found this piece of Morrison tartan that was all scarlet.
  *The tartan that is now called the Morrison tartan is like...WAY expensive.

My conclusion:  Why spend a ton of money on green and scarlet cloth that somebody else is calling a "Morrison" tartan when I can find green and scarlet plaid on a major deal (ebay) and can call it "the Morrison tartan" myself?

Call me cheap, but I went for the plaid swags that I found.  And with another plaid lace curtain underneath, it is looking really nice!

The matching valance scarf was an added "beni".  I found it at Goodwill and determined it was pretty close to the reddish color in the swags.

Here's another angle:


I have a bay window on the other end of this area, and decided  to something similar but not quite the same.  Thank goodness, the swag was big enough to split down the middle and use for these windows, too. 


So what's next?

Well, I have a plan for some photos that I have of when Daniel proposed to me.  He was wearing a kilt, so it seems like that should fit in just fine under the sword.

Did I mention he's a good dancer, too?

Yeah, I'm a lucky gal.  And I know it.  All right, that's all for now.  Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment