Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Proposal in a Kilt

Almost seven years ago, my husband proposed to me.  Knowing my love for the fairy-tales, the movie Braveheart, and all things Celtic, he wore a kilt, ran up this hill and met me at the top, where he knelt down, gave me a fairy-tale he had written for me and asked me to marry him.

Yes, it really was that good.  Almost seven years later, it still is.

I'm incredibly blessed.  I don't say so to boast.  I say so because it can be discouraging when you are single and waiting for that special One to come along.  It can be hard to still believe in the fairy-tale.  I'm living proof to come along and tell you, "Don't give up hope.  Don't settle.  God has someone out there that is better than you could ask for or imagine."

What did I do while I was waiting to meet my husband?  Well, I looked to God a lot.  A LOT.  Being a single Christian who is trying to stay pure and wait for the right man can feel very lonely.  But it's worth it.  It is SO worth it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment