The "Four Puppies" Read Aloud


When I was a little girl, my Grandma had this little book by Anne Heathers.  Originally published in 1960, this precious story tells the tale of four little puppies over the course of a year, as they explore their world during the changing seasons.  It is a delightful story, and I was thrilled when I found a copy of it in my thrift store.  I bought it and brought it home to read aloud to my own children, wondering if it was still as delightful as I remembered.

It was!  And for the next week, it was a favorite in our house and my son poured over the illustrations of the happy little dogs and the "friendly red squirrel in the hickory tree" who calls them "Silly billies" when they worry about the changing world.   Need a refresher?  Here it is on Youtube:



And when I got to the Letter P Reading Literacy Activity, this was the book I chose.  We created a Wheel (the story references the changing seasons as being like a wheel that turns round and round).


 I usually try to choose books that are readily available for these activities.  But this book is so priceless for the little people, and it's copyright has expired.  So, with a burst of inspiration, I decided to offer a read aloud for free so others can enjoy it.  And so before, I release our Letter of the Week for P,  I have uploaded the story read aloud here:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Four-Puppies-Read-Aloud-2119221

My children had a lot of fun creating their Season's Wheel from our Reading Literacy activity:


After they decorated their four seasons with paint and Q-tips, they glued their little dog in the season that they chose as their favorite.


This activity is available in our Letter of the Week packet for P, here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Letter-of-the-Week-P-2124989

And again,  here's the link for the free Read Aloud download from my Teachers store:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Four-Puppies-Read-Aloud-2119221

Enjoy!

No comments: