More Printables for "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons"



  After using the wonderful reading program "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons", when I taught a combined grade classroom, I feel in love with it! 
But I needed more materials.  So, like many teachers who need very specific items and can't find what they're looking for, I created them.  And then put them away in a box that happened to be the one box of teaching materials I kept throughout the years.  

And then, when I began home-schooling my own children, I dug them out of that one box of teaching materials and revamped them.  I thought, "Maybe others might like these worksheets also."  So...


  ...first I put together "After Five Phonics" as supplemental teaching materials.  Most children should be able to do these after completing the first five lessons of "How To Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons", and included are some printable practice writing sheets that have a font very similar to the font in the "100 Easy Lessons" book.  

Next...

 


...I put together "After Ten Phonics" as supplemental teaching materials that children should be able to do after completing the first ten lessons.  I tried to fit in a few little crafts that would hone in on the instruction too, like little paper Rat to be cut out and folded together after children can read the word "rat".  Or the tree craft, pictured above, since they are now able to read the word "Tree".

These little phonics packets have proved to be VERY popular on my TpT store.  So we have now revamped both our packets and our covers.  And the packets now look a bit more like this:

 

And then, I received the second of two very nice reviews on the products.  And this one said:  

                 "These are great - I have found very little "100 Easy Lessons" stuff." 

And my heart kinda went out to the homeschooling community, because that comment is true.  There's so little out there.  So, this last week I tried to really apply myself and here are the results:


There is a great deal to be discovered in this fun packets.  We have crafts that work with the new sounds.  We have sounds practice where children can connect pictures with starting sounds...


As more sounds are introduced, we have simple stories and silly stories that children can illustrate...



We still have the writing practice sheets (3 in each packet), which successively introduce the new letters in the same way that "How To Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" does, and we offer these as color printables or black and white. 



Once again, as I was making this up, I was thinking how nice it's going to be when my second child is ready to begin this program and all these printables are sitting in my computer, waiting to be printed out!  Yay!  I love that!  And now, they are waiting for you as well.



So, if you need some additional printables to work in conjunction with this wonderful reading program, feel free to check out my store and see if they'll work for you.  Here's the link: 

Free Printables




 Happy Reading!

No comments: