F is for Fox


I am unashamed to admit that for our "F is for Fox" day, we most definitely began our morning off with this hilarious video, "What Does the Fox Say?"


You will not find a more exciting introduction to foxes for your small fry, and if your tots are not giggling in wide-eyed fascination by the time the time the CG fox comes out at the end of this rather odd video, well...I will be very much surprised.  I only wish every letter of the week had such an amazingly produced music video to start it off.  Haha!


 Then, we went to the kitchen table (still singing "Mo-o-o-o-orse, Mo-o-o-orse") and had a rousing bout of Matching Game between Little Miss and her older brother.  We took the game pieces we prepped yesterday and mixed them up with the Letter E game pieces from last week and it was a great game, pretty evenly matched.


Then, Little Miss reached over and grabbed the Letter F Maze printout, so although I had intended to start her on painting her Fox Craft first, we went with this, because...

Teaching Tip:  It's a wonderful thing to let your child steer their own learning by their interest.  

She began circling the pictures that began with F, and then I noticed something amazing that she was adding in, all by herself:



She was writing an F by each picture she circled.  I highlighted this in red to make it easier for viewing on the computer, but it is most definitely an F.  I think she wasn't sure if she should, and so her other "F's" were slightly erased, but she was adding them in on each picture.  And then, coloring the picture afterwards, because she loves coloring.  (And even venturing beyond the pink crayon!).



After this lovely success, we moved on to the Fox craft from our Letter of the Week packet.  I chose the non-colored version because Little Miss had so much fun with her paintbrush yesterday, I decided to give it to her again today.  We found a nice coppery paint and began painting.  I explained which parts we needed to try to leave white...



...and look what a careful and neat job she is doing!  Wow!  She was really enjoying herself and wanted to paint more after she was done, so I printed out this fun Fox image and just had her find the letter c's in the shapes, while we waited for her craft to dry.  She began painting the little letter "e's" blue, and then, just as suddenly, she was done with this page.  And that is just fine.




After lunch, we went back to her first Fox and Mommy cut it out for Little Miss to glue together.


And the rest of the morning, this cute little fox and her little frog from yesterday have been having wonderful play-times together.  

Check out our Frog Craft from yesterday here:   http://glimmercat.blogspot.com/2015/11/letter-of-week-for-f-day-2-f-is-for-frog.html
And our Introduction to F here:  http://glimmercat.blogspot.com/2015/11/introducing-letter-f.html

All of the printables and crafts seen on these posts are from our Letter of the Week Packet for F, that is available for purchase and download at our Teacher Store.  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Letter-of-the-Week-F-1992134



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to
do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to design my
own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it

Also visit my blog post; Ninja Heroes Hack

Christina Morrison said...

Hi,
Thanks for the comment! I did the design for my blog, BUT I found an amazing Blogger Aficionado named Emily at Blogaholic Designs who implemented it for me. She is also a designer in her own right. I would definitely recommend her. She was speedy, efficient and excellent! :)

Best,
Christina